Re: Recall Notice

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 21:44:35 EST

David Gersic wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 10:52 am, Jason Bleazard wrote:
>> I always use it in my truck (when it's working, anyway... that truck has
>> eaten two sets of emergency^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H parking brake cables and an
>> emergency^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H parking brake pedal).
>
> I've had cables go bad, but how'd you kill a brake pedal?

I had to replace the whole parking brake pedal assembly that bolts to
the side of the body. If you look at it, you can see where the pedal
itself pivots on the part that bolts to the body. What happened is that
the contact point between those two parts wore out, and the pedal came
right off its pivot. After all, it's just stamped out of sheet metal
and pressed together.