RE: 2K 4.7L/RFE45 troubles

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 22:40:13 EST

First off, is the filter tube isn't sealing properly - you'll have line
pressure codes, gear shifting codes, and solenoid codes. Make sure that you
use a NEW seal every time you change the filter and it's seated properly.
Now as for the resistor in the signal line, which resistance value did you
use and which wire did you install it in? As for revving the engine to
clear the dirt in the solenoids...BS - ain't gonna work. This isn't an old
style transmission anymore - the solenoids control the the line pressure and
revving the engine isn't going to do anything to clear them out.

If the electronics aren't working properly and/or the TCM isn't receiving
the correct line pressure signal, you'll have all sorts of strange issues.
I wouldn't worry about the transmission yet - check the basics first.

Question: After the transgo installation, did you have someone clear out
the transmission adaptives, run a quick-learn, and also relearn the CVI's?

- Bernd