Re: RE: Re: RE: Smog failure, a little help please

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2008 - 23:22:08 EST

Thanks, I realize I've been procrastinating too long on the beer barrel. By
the way, a vacuum check at the bulb on the firewall showed 19 in. and at the
joint on the brake booster showed 18.5. Both were steady. I wondered if that
was a little high and indicated a leak. Running hot may also have messed
with the gasket a little more.

I'm not experienced with injectors, so I take it you're saying that they may
have some more life in them? And that possibly the Cat and the EGR may still
be functional? I'm not worried about the O2S, it may have around 70,000 or
so on it. thanks, Biff