Re: (Mildly OT) Re: ADMIN: Dakota Mailing List Ettiquite [Monthly Posting]

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 02:07:35 EST

There are 2 answers to this. #1 this is not a piece of paper, it's
electronic. If I wanted to have to scroll down to see the reply, I
wouldn't care about the snips, right? Top posting is easier for the
poster *and* those of us that use a plain newsreader. the message id
right up at the top where it belongs. Besides, most of the time the
quoted part is extraneous anyway....

Andy Levy wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 12:59 PM, Phillip Batson <pbatson68@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I like the replies on the top. If you are following a thread, then the response is right here, and you don't have to scroll down through all the other stuff you have already read.
>

> That's why you're supposed to snip the stuff you aren't replying to.
>

>>And if you haven't read it or need to catch up, then you can scroll down and read it.
>

> Except you have to read backwards. Post 2 is ABOVE post 1, so you have
> to scroll to the bottom, read post 1, then scroll up to read post 2
> (which may involve scrolling back down depending upon the length), and
> so on.

I hate bottom posters where I have to go looking for a reply. Give me a
top post any day.