New Alternator Time......

From: Kyle Kozubal (solocamxt@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 16:33:38 EST

I haven't posted much since I got a new (to me) 2004
Dodge Ram Quad Cab 3500 4x4 SLT with the 5.9L Cummins
Diesel.

Well my old 1993 Dakota 4x4 V6 (that I sold to my
father) finally broke down this week.

My father stated the check engine light came on two or
three times this week, when it was very, very cold
out.

Well yesterday, the battery guage on the dash was
pegged all the way to the left.

We pulled the alternator and it would only do its job
on the load tester for 3 seconds.

A trip to the part store and $135 for a new alternator
and we were set. The 6 year old Optima Red Top
re-charged and held the new charge perfectly.

The stock altenator lasted for 188,000 miles though!
This truck has been a great, reliable work vehicle for
my father (and myself when I owned it). It needs to
last 2 more years, when both the truck and my father
can retire!

Take care!
Kyle