Re: (Mildly OT) Re: ADMIN: Dakota Mailing List Ettiquite [Monthly Posting]

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 20:58:33 EST

On Jan 4, 2008 8:42 PM, droo <03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:55:26 -0500, Barry Oliver
>
> <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:
>

> > Andy Levy wrote:

> >> This convention started and was accepted in the 1980s or early 90s on
> >> USENET, where all anyone used was a "plain newsreader."
> >>

> > Well, welcome to the new millenium. That's kind of like railing against
> > mice because computers the old unix boxes didn't need one...
> >

> Not even close to being a good comparison.

That's right. Mice are horrible interface devices for many tasks. If
you know how to use keyboard shortcuts properly, you can navigate most
Windows applications and Windows itself FAR faster with the keyboard
than the mouse. Add in one or two little utilities and I barely have
to use the mouse at all.