RE: Smog failure, a little help please

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2008 - 11:43:11 EST

While they have reduced pollution (in the automotive industry), there's
still plenty of areas outside that realm that could use some "clean up" -
big chemical and production plants for example (but there's much more than
that).

However, Edelbrock proved a point back in the early 80's with two identical
vehicles. One had a factory engine and one had a modified engine (Edelbrock
"upgrades"). Both were tested and both passed the emissions testing...with
the Edelbrock engine producing LESS emissions than the factory one and much
more useable HP/TQ. This is where the CARB and EPA admitted that
aftermarket products did not always increase pollution and the EO#'s were
born. (Thank you Edelbrock). :)

- Bernd