RE: RE: Spark Plug Carnage

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 07:25:47 EST

I've seen plugs that bad - it's funny how the engines still run with such a
lack of maintenance (shows you how much the PCM's can compensate though).

On the cowl: Two 15mm nuts (wiper arms), six 13mm bolts for the cowl
assembly, one connector (wiper motor), and the washer hose (5 Torx T25
screws for the cowl panel). Make sure that they either mark where the
wipers were at or pay close attention to the marks on the windshield. If
they are not set just right, you can damage the wiper arms (they'll collide
and bend very easily). It's really easy to take off and saves a huge
headache from trying to do them either from below (which can be done) or by
"snaking" your arm around the intake.

- Bernd