Re: 2009 Ram

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 14:47:06 EST

Phillip Batson <pbatson68@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why is it that the crew cab has a smaller bed than the quad?! That
> makes no sense to me, unless they changed the definition of crew
> cab.

  Traditionally (going back to the 60s or so), a "crew cab" has meant
a truck with four full sized doors, not half doors like might be found
on a quad cab. Technically, the Quad Cab Dakota should probably have
been called a crew cab. My '01 Ram with the half doors is called a
Quad Cab. The "quad cab" is basically like a club cab except it has
half doors to make getting into and out of the back seat easier. Given
the preceeding info, it would make sense that a crew cab would have a
shorter bed than a quad cab, assuming both trucks have the same
wheelbase of course. Did Dodge rename the quad cab to a crew cab at
some point? Back in ye olde days, you used to be able to get a crew
cab truck and have an 8' bed to boot, now that was a long truck! :-)

--
                                          -Jon-