Barrett-Jackson

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 09:57:55 EST

I love car auctions. Have any of you been watching the Barrett-Jacksons
on the Speed channel? There have been some interesting "vehicles". For
those of you who enjoyed "Monster Garage", the Mad Max-esque Peterbilt
Trike went for around $24k. http://tinyurl.com/2bnmur

A fantastic non-Mopar was a 1966 Chevy Caprice 2-door in Sandalwood Tan
specially ordered with the 427/4-speed. Full documentation, matching
numbers...the works. This is the definition of a sleeper.
http://tinyurl.com/yt8hj9 It sold for $53,500.

Two Lil Red Express survivors sold yesterday for $19ish each. A '64
Sport Fury, (Hemi, but orig. 383), went for $69k. For a clone! Another
clone car, a Challenger RT/SE Hemi sold for $68k! What is going on with
these clones?!? I guess when the few remaining originals are all in
museums or in the 7-figures, a well-executed clone can be a nice driver.
Still boggles the mind.

Tim