Off Topic: Shoot Down

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 10:29:59 EST

i'm not prone to forwarding e-mails on, but this is something that i think
should be forwarded. It's about a movie called Shoot Down, which is a
documentary about the 1994 shoot down of two unarmed single-engine cessna's
over international waters by the cuban government. i encourage everyone to
go out and see the movie if it is showing in your area. you can check out
the website (there's a link below) and see if it is showing near you.

Gabriel A. Couriel

2006 DML Fantasy Football Champion

----------------------------
Dear Friends & Family:

  I'm writing to let you all know that SHOOTDOWN, a documentary film about
the downing of two Brothers to the Rescue planes in February of 1996,
one of which was carrying my father Armando Alejandre Jr., will be opening
in theaters this Friday, January 25th. It was written and directed by my
cousin Cristina Khuly. It will be the second largest documentary opening in
the last 12 months, only after Sicko, Michael Moore's last film. It has been
shown in numerous film festivals around the country and won Best Documentary
at the Sonoma Valley Film Festival this year.
  It is extremely important that if we all want the truth about what
happened that day, and the simple truth about the Castro regime to be heard
all over this country and hopefully one day the world, that we do our best
to support this film on its opening weekend. Ticket sales have to be high
on the first three days of showing (simply put, the only thing the film
industry looks at) and will determine the future of this film into which my
cousin has poured three years of her life. In case some of you saw a
version of the film on the 10th anniversary, please note, that it is a
completely different film from the one you screened. It has been worked and
reworked until they produced the simplest, most concise grouping of facts
which tell the story of February 24, 1996.
  Even if you are not interested, please forward this e-mail to anyone you
know who may have the desire to see this movie. Below is a list of theaters
around the country where it will be playing. Three years ago people in the
industry told my cousin this movie would never make it into even festivals
because of its subject matter, Friday, January 25, it will be seen around
the country.
  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this message and hopefully
support Shootdown.

  P.S. If you would like further info the website is www.theshootdown.com