RE: RE: MDS "on" LED...

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 01:13:59 EST

Best I can remember,blue LED's (and the white ones
made from them) operate on about 3-4 volts,but still
need a current-limiting resistor. The types that have
been around forever (red,green,yellow,orange) run at
about half that,and don't require as much current
either. Of course,you can go way higher in resistance
and protect the LED even more,but the brightness will
go down. The trend today is to drive them as hard as
possible to get the most brightness,as in taillights
and flashlights. They can't take excessive current,and
last.

Steve P.
--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> Depends on what type of LED you use.