RE: RE: MDS "on" LED...

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 10:24:56 EST

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> Digikey and Mouser carry the standard and some of
> the "Super Bright" LED's.
> I haven't found them with the resistors though - had
> to order them from
> overseas (Japan) to get them. Those are also much
> brighter than the ones
> I've found here. Granted, someone in the US
> probably carries them but I
> haven't found them. I've also used multi-faceted
> LED's which provide a nice
> glow instead of a direct light - those work really
> well for under car
> lighting and engine compartment lighting. The
> actual bulb is cut different
> - not just using a mirror base.

Is there anything that you do not know,Bernd?
Seriously. :)

> Hehehehe....not a fan of Chinese stuff - look
> closely at a lot of the parts
> in your vehicle - "Made in China", "Made in Japan",
> "Made in Mexico", it's a
> global industry now. ;)
>
> - Bernd

No,I take some exception here. I am exceptional!! :)
There is only one "made in" that is really REALLY
bad,as in "complete world dominanace of industry",and
that is China. I was basically run out of one
profession (electronics repair) because of a tidal
wave of Chinese goods in the Nineties that made most
items not feasible to repair. So I got into
HVAC,thinking that it would not be affected nearly as
much,and it isn't yet. But after doing this only for a
few months,I began to see the Aprilaire "made in USA"
thermostats start coming from China,and then even some
cheap condensing units and air handlers!! Now they're
making cars with Chrysler. There are many discount and
dollar stores that you go into where 98% of the items
they sell are Chinese,and now that is spreading to
Sears,Auto Zone,Cabelas....everything.

I have no problem at all with goods made elsewhere. As
long as it's a little bit of this country and that
country. Japan is a good example of a place that has
been fair with us in trade. China scares me to death
for many reasons,and I try hard to avoid their
products,and buy our stuff when possible. That means
buying "select" New Balance shoes,jeans from Union
Jean Co.,one type of Wolverine boots,etc. Have to shop
mostly online to do it.

Thanks!

Steve P.

Be a better friend, newshound, and