RE: RE: MDS "on" LED...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 09:44:10 EST

Digikey and Mouser carry the standard and some of the "Super Bright" LED's.
I haven't found them with the resistors though - had to order them from
overseas (Japan) to get them. Those are also much brighter than the ones
I've found here. Granted, someone in the US probably carries them but I
haven't found them. I've also used multi-faceted LED's which provide a nice
glow instead of a direct light - those work really well for under car
lighting and engine compartment lighting. The actual bulb is cut different
- not just using a mirror base.

Hehehehe....not a fan of Chinese stuff - look closely at a lot of the parts
in your vehicle - "Made in China", "Made in Japan", "Made in Mexico", it's a
global industry now. ;)

- Bernd