Re: Was: Made in China.. Now way off topic...

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 22:12:15 EST

Hop wrote:
> I enjoy reading as well but, that is my whole point.
> This list has become a few select that post and for the

> most part there isn't anything posted that relates to

>dakotas "Other than Bob having issues with his ball joints

>and shocks ;)". Maybe I'm a little anal but, <snip>

Well, with the new Dak's not exactly packing in the listers, there is
very little in the way of technical info that isn't already in the
archives. The camaraderie here, on the other hand is like nowhere
else. I personally have given a friend $150 cash to help repair a
broken Dakota. I also have personally driven over 400 miles [round
trip] just to help another buddy move because *his* dakota was lowered
and was too wimpy to handle any weight, so I brought up a real truck to
help with the job. I have also, personally remodeled a [former] Dml
member's Bathroom in a weekend, on about 20 minutes notice, from bare
studs up to finished shower and commode.

The best part is that I am merely the average here. There are many more
listers here that do more than I do, for each other. If we limited the
posts to strictly on-topic dakota related, nothing else allowed, this
list would shrivel up and wither. I am on many fourums, for about every
topic you can imagine, and nowhere is the community as tightly knit as
it is here. If some natural disaster were to strike one of us, and the
call went out, I would bet money that at least one or two listers would
be willing to take off work and drive to help out if that was what was
needed. *That* is what this list is about...

>Maybe it's time to find a more technical board that has

>more experence in dealing with technical problems that relate to autos.

Good luck with that... Seriously... no I am not joking, I really wish yo
uluck....

> Long live the ol' skoo DML....
>

> --Hop

Can I get an AMEN????