Re: Made in China

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 00:34:21 EST

> I can understand why you would be inclined to think that; besides
> tying into part of human nature, I know that the media is constantly
> pounding this sort of class warfare stuff, and its sad because it does
> nobody any good. The inevitable outcome of class warfare is simply to
> punish the successful, which does nothing for the unsuccessful except
> give them some sort of brief vindictive pleasure. The solution to a
> problem like this is not to lower those at the top, but to raise those
> at the bottom.

I spent two weeks in England about 6 years ago on the International
Air Cadet Exchange, as a guest of the RAF I got to see a bit of the
country side that most people don't and I got to meet some of the
locals. Now of course Britain in their great welfare state has
eliminated poverty. However, what I noticed is that the standard of
living for the average citizen is much lower than the American middle
class, it reminded me more of the ghetto or a trailer park in the
States. The rich are still as rich as ever, but by raising the lower
class all they really did was lower the middle class.

People can improve their lives and improve their financial condition,
it requires either moving up the ladder or specializing, let the
government try to solve the problem and it only gets worse.