Re: Made in China

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 18:33:45 EST

"Dustin Williams" <dustinewilliams@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> locals. Now of course Britain in their great welfare state has
> eliminated poverty. However, what I noticed is that the standard of
> living for the average citizen is much lower than the American middle
> class, it reminded me more of the ghetto or a trailer park in the
> States.

   Yep, America's "poor" would be somewhere between middle class and
super rich anywhere else in the world. Maybe there really is
something to this "capitalism" stuff. ;-) (Fun factoid: The term
"capitalism" was originally coined by Karl Marx as an insult or
degrading term. That one kinda came back to bite him.) :-)

   Even though America hasn't had true capitalism in over 200 years, I
guess there's enough of it left to still do some good. :-) A yearly
salary of about $2,000 is enough to put you in the top 50 percent of
worldwide wage earners.

--
                                          -Jon-