Re: Made in China

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 20:42:41 EST

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:37:29 -0500, Dustin Williams
<dustinewilliams@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a bit more complicated that it was in the days of the gold
> standard, but the principle remains the same, print more money and it
> becomes worth less.

We don't even have to print more money to make it worth less. It just has
to be outside this country and in someone else's hands. That makes it
undesirable. No one is going to use dollars in their own country to buy
anything. So they need to sell it back to the US for another currency
that the US is trying to get rid of. And because we import more than we
export, we don't have a large supply of other currency to trade for the US
dollars. Since they can't get rid of the US money and they can't spend
it, it just isn't worth anything.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure