RE: RE: ...Mileage...and oil

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 23:11:02 EST

WorkDak has 50k miles on it. We got it when it had
19k. The dipstick had hardened sludge on it then,but
the oil has always looked bad from it.

Steve P.

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> On higher mileage engines...the oil WILL get black -
> even at 1000 miles.
> Heck, you should see the fresh synthetic oils in the
> diesels. Actually had
> a customer complain that we didn't change his oil.
> He ran it one day and
> checked it...it was black (duh - diesels do that).
> ;)
>
> - Bernd

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Black 4X4 Sport w/Hemi

2003 Dodge Dakota Sport CC Red 4X2 Sport w/3.9 and 42RE (Work truck,driven the most often)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Silver 4X4 w/4.0 and 42RE

Be a better friend, newshound, and