Re: RE: ...Mileage...and oil

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 00:11:05 EST

I am not saying it is junk, but it is not Mobil 1. It is, maybe Mobil 1
rejects or something, who knows? When I sent in the Mobil 1 10w40 out
of the GF's car last year after 4k miles, it was still ok, but getting
worn out [out of additives]. The next 2 oil changes were the SuperTech
10w40, and the first one at 3k tested as totally worn out. The second
oil change after 2500 revealed about the same as the 4k Mobil 1, meaning
it had less additives [or lower quality, take your pick] and wore out
quicker. For the record, the GF drives her car like a rally car, so I
change her oil as often as is practical....