Turkish lira

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 12:54:56 EST

Dustin W. writes: >>It at least was the case back in 2001 and
2002 when I went on the International Air Cadet Exchange. <<

I thought you maybe had been stationed there sometime in the
past.. I was back in '60. went from Tripole, N Africa to
Samsun, Turkey. Later went to Saudi Arabia.. None of them
were "Choice" assignments... Your statement of them
preferring $ over their own currency was also correct during
those years..In fact I was never in a place that the US $ was
not acceptable and in most places preferred..

I've learned.... That one should keep his
words both soft and tender, because
tomorrow he may have to eat them.

Azie