Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best (1997-2004),,Ohh Raaaymond!!!

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 13:13:55 EST

Dig... I see all these claims... with no data to back it up. I'm a
data kinda guy. What makes Blue Thunder faster than the blue qcab I
saw last week on the used car lot?

Ok you've got a pretty air filter. And a name brand noisemaker. I
suppose the only other variable between yours and a truck modded with
similar [off the shelf] parts would be the assumedly exceptional
driver. And with only your hearsay to go on... that's quite a claim!
:)

Next time I'm in the area (lol) I'll take you on w/ my Gen1. I suppose
it's more heavily modded... seeing that the '89 never came with a Mag
V8... But as of yet, my 318 is as stock as it can possibly be (I did
add electric fans... it wouldn't fit with the factory finger
chopper... oh and my tactful bumper stickers add 2 hp each). Also, my
dynomax muff is torn off due to some extracurricular adventures. We'll
call that mod # 2 for this purpose. As long as you don't count the
body damage as an aerodynamic advantage, we should be ok to go!

Seriously, I want some ETs and gas mileage numbers to accompany your claims! :)

Don in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340