Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best (1997-2004),,Ya Whatever

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 19:21:45 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>> From: jon@dakota-truck.net
>>
>> I'm one of those who actually knows how slow my truck is. :-)
>>

> Now Jon....it's not "slow"....it's appropriately quick for what it's got!

   Heh! Thanks. :-) Its just that when I think about where I *was*
going to go with it, its current state of tune seems rather tame. I
really need to go a little nuts with ONE of these vehicles; they are
all pretty tame and ordinary. It might be the Coronet - I keep toying
with the idea of a stroked big block breathing through a pair of
turbochargers, EFI of course, with highway gears and an overdrive
trans, but as I have learned with the Dak, talk and ideas are
cheap, its one thing to dream it but something else entirely to do it!
At this point, the major obstacle is deciding wether I want to invest
in a trans and rear which will hold up to the 800+HP that the engine
is likely to crank out, even at a relatively sedate 6-10psi.
Sometimes I think I should just stick a plain jane 383 in there, but
then I'm back to another boring ordinary car, darnit. :-)

> ;-) Might be a good race between you and the DiggyMobile...er, I mean,
> Blue Thunder.

    I dunno, I don't see a basically stock QC anywhere near the mid
14s. I guess I could miss a shift though, I have been known to to
that. :-) A closer race might be against my '90 with the premagger
V6, though that's got a 5 speed too, so I might miss a shift there
too! ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-