Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 21:18:32 EST

I don't normally watch ANY game involving
skill,luck,or chance. The rest are fine. :)

I don't watch much sports either. Sometimes I get
emotionally involved with a game,but normally I can't
watch one from the beginning. To quote a popular radio
personality,I'm too "riddled with A.D.D." for it to
keep my attention.

Steve P.
--- jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> "Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> > They do, don't they! Personally I have a low
> G.a.S. factor. Though I
> > watch some, team sports just don't do much for me.
> :-) Maybe it's
> > because so many people identify with a team, yet
> had absolutely nothing to
> > do with the team's success. I don't get it. ;-)
>

> You too? :-) I can't stand team sports. Its
> not too bad to
> actually participate I guess, but to watch?
> Football, baseball,
> basketball, hockey, ugh. All boooooooring! I was
> going to post
> something to that effect in the recent superbowl
> thread, but thought
> better of it. :-) I dunno if I should even admit
> this, but speaking
> of that thread, it took about three posts before I
> realized that
> people were talking about the superbowl, which I
> didn't even know was
> happening that day. :-) The best thing that can be
> said about the
> superbowl is that the commercials are more
> interesting than usual, but
> they're not worth sitting through the game for. :-)
>
> As far as why people get all gung ho about
> certain teams, I'm not
> sure I can ever really understand it since my brain
> is obviously wired
> differently, but I have heard it explained that it
> is a way for people
> to become completely and emotionally invested in
> something without any
> actual, personal risk. I guess that explanation
> works for me as well
> as any other. Takes all kinds I guess, so if they
> want to waste their
> time and money on something that seems to be
> completely pointless,
> that's their prerogative; at the very least, its
> creating jobs for
> somebody. :-)
>
> I don't know why, but I find individual sports
> much more
> interesting. Something like World's Strongest Man I
> can watch all
> day! But team sports? Pass. :-P
>
> As long as I am riling up the sports fans, I
> might as well go all
> the way. I find Nascar and F1 and Indycar boring
> too. I might feel
> differently if it were the way it used to be, with
> real cars where the
> rules were not so restrictive, but I just don't see
> the point these
> days. Not when all the cars are the same, and in
> most cases all they
> do is turn left. Rally car racing I will tune into
> for a while,
> depending on what is going on, but after a bit even
> that can get
> repetitive. Drag racing is the motorsport which I
> identify with the
> most, but even then, I don't watch the funny car,
> top fuel, or even
> pro stock stuff, 'cause its all the same. Some of
> [...]

Looking for last minute shopping deals?