Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 19:06:11 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> They do, don't they! Personally I have a low G.a.S. factor. Though I
> watch some, team sports just don't do much for me. :-) Maybe it's
> because so many people identify with a team, yet had absolutely nothing to
> do with the team's success. I don't get it. ;-)

   You too? :-) I can't stand team sports. Its not too bad to
actually participate I guess, but to watch? Football, baseball,
basketball, hockey, ugh. All boooooooring! I was going to post
something to that effect in the recent superbowl thread, but thought
better of it. :-) I dunno if I should even admit this, but speaking
of that thread, it took about three posts before I realized that
people were talking about the superbowl, which I didn't even know was
happening that day. :-) The best thing that can be said about the
superbowl is that the commercials are more interesting than usual, but
they're not worth sitting through the game for. :-)

   As far as why people get all gung ho about certain teams, I'm not
sure I can ever really understand it since my brain is obviously wired
differently, but I have heard it explained that it is a way for people
to become completely and emotionally invested in something without any
actual, personal risk. I guess that explanation works for me as well
as any other. Takes all kinds I guess, so if they want to waste their
time and money on something that seems to be completely pointless,
that's their prerogative; at the very least, its creating jobs for
somebody. :-)

   I don't know why, but I find individual sports much more
interesting. Something like World's Strongest Man I can watch all
day! But team sports? Pass. :-P

   As long as I am riling up the sports fans, I might as well go all
the way. I find Nascar and F1 and Indycar boring too. I might feel
differently if it were the way it used to be, with real cars where the
rules were not so restrictive, but I just don't see the point these
days. Not when all the cars are the same, and in most cases all they
do is turn left. Rally car racing I will tune into for a while,
depending on what is going on, but after a bit even that can get
repetitive. Drag racing is the motorsport which I identify with the
most, but even then, I don't watch the funny car, top fuel, or even
pro stock stuff, 'cause its all the same. Some of the "lesser" classes
where the cars are actually street legal in many cases are much more
interesting to me. I have found the "Pinks All Out" series to be
interesting, but I don't watch the regular Pinks show because the idea
of risking your vehicle over a race is so foreign to me that I don't
want to waste my time watching someone who would do something that
stupid. (Plus, the couple of times I have stumbled on the show, it
seems like they spend most of their time arguing over who gets what
lane, how many car lengths, and wether the nitrous is on or off, etc.)
Shaddup and drive!

   Ok, that's enough ranting from me, I think I've met my "tick people
off" quota for the week. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-