Re: End of the Dakota???

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 01:58:19 EST

> >> Only Dodge vehicles have names that actually mean
> >> something. That is what I have been trying to get
> >> across to you peeps!!
> >>
> > My favorite is the story behind the name of the Dakota. Dodge
> > sponsered the PBR in either 86 or 87 and announced that the top bull
> > in the season would get a pick up named after him. Dakota went though
> > the entire season with out even the best of cowboys being able to ride
> > him, and the name of our trucks was born.
>

> Really? Where did you get that info? Not that I don't believe
> you necessarily, :-) I'm just curious if it is firsthand info or
> something that you had heard somewhere?

I read it in the Readers Digest probably about 10 years ago as a young
lad sitting on the crapper, but it was moving enough that it suck with
me even though I didn't know that years later I would own one of my
own.

About that same time my aunt and uncle had a Dakota about like mine
(gen 2, V-8, 4x4) and I always thought it was cool that a little truck
like that could pull their fifth wheel up into the Cascades for the
family reunion.