RE: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 14:47:24 EST

 if it were the way it used to be, with real
> cars where the
> > rules were not so restrictive, but I just don't see the point these
> > days. Not when all the cars are the same, and in most
> cases all they
> > do is turn left. Rally car racing I will tune into for a while,
> > depending on what is going on, but after a bit even that can get
> > repetitive. Drag racing is the motorsport which I identify
> with the
> > most, but even then, I don't watch the funny car, top fuel, or even
> > pro stock stuff, 'cause its all the same.

I'm not a huge fan of the roundy-round either unless I'm watching it in
person. A few years ago, there was a racing series called "Super Street"
I think. Anyone remember that one? All road courses. I'm fairly sure it
was all sedans. Accord, Stratus, BMW, etc that were recognizable as
such. I think the cars had to drive the factory drive wheels using 2.0
liter-ish factory-block 4-cylinder engines. Extensive internal engine
modifications were allowed. Unlimited brake modifications and cages.
There were some well-known road-race drivers in the series. That could
keep me entertained since it was different. You could really see the
difference in manufacturers and handling characteristics.

I've stopped watching the American LeMans Series since the Vipers left.
That was/is a pretty good series as well.