Re: Brake problem

From: Tom Ware (tomdamit@att.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 12:34:35 EST

I have to jump in here. I had the same problem with my '98 CC about two years ago at 81,000 miles. Front brakes not releasing to the point of turning the rotors blue. You didn't want to touch the wheels they were so hot! I seem to recall the right side was worse but can't be certain. Anyway, I posted to the DML searching for the answer. Everyone said calipers and the booster. After replacing those (at great expense), the locking up continued. Finally, the master cyl. and proportioning valve were replaced together and that has been the cure. Just my $0.02.

Tom W.
Lincoln, CA