RE: Re: Brake problem

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 13:46:58 EST

And since you mentioned "expense", I have to jump in here to say....to
everyone....throwing parts at a problem is a very expensive form of
troubleshooting! Darn near everything has performance parameters that can
be tested. In this particular case we're talking residual pressure. It
can be measured and traced back to its source. Of course that takes
knowledge, tools and time. If money is more readily available, and
throwing away perfectly good parts doesn't bother you, well....I dunno what
to tell ya.

> the locking up continued. Finally, the master cyl. and proportioning
> valve were replaced together and that has been the cure. Just my $0.02.
>
> Tom W.
> Lincoln, CA

Ray