RE: Ticking Lifter

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 21:17:29 EST

You'll only have oil flow in the head via the lifters -> pushrod tubes ->
rocker arms. You can loosen up the #1 rocker arms a little bit to allow the
lifter to pump up some. If there is any debris stuck in the lifter oiling
hole (RTV chunks, dirt, oil sludge "crustys", etc.) it's time to
remove/replace the lifter(s). You do NOT have to remove the head(s) to do
this though. Just remove the intake, cut the gasket material from around
the questionable lifters, remove the rockers and pushrods, and pull the
lifters out of their bores. While you have the intake off, might as well
check/change the plenum gasket. Oil change is going to be a must as well
after this.

- Bernd