O D

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 15:24:29 EST

Ray I. writes: >>I must be a reallllllllly slow learner. I wore OD
green and camo from 79-99.

On the other hand, Uncle Sugar now pays me "wake up
money" every month. As long as I keep waking up, he
keeps sending me money!

My personal goal now is to live long enough to make
him pay me more money for being retired then he did
while I was on active duty. Near as I can figure, when
I hit age 62, thats the break even point. Now, seeing
as how I just turned 25 with 21 years experience, I
just got another 16 years to go.

Thankfully the men in my family tend to live a good
long while! <<

Now Ray!! Look @ what you wrote::

served in the Military from '79 - '99..

Just turned 25 with 21 years experience..

Just doesn't add up or tell me what I'm missing..

I'm really proud of my Military service and am life
members of associations of 2 units that I served with.
The 11th Airborne Div. Assoc. & the Berlin Island Assoc.
I enjoy the company of some of the greatest guys I know..
For the 11th. we have National reunions every 2 years
and the Ft Campbell Chapter has one every year along
with a picnic.
The Berlin Island Assoc has a reuinion every 2 years.

I admire your personal goal.. you deserve every bit of it.
Hope you make it.. I could've retired in '74 had I made
that decision, but my next assignment was in the
Aleution(?) Islands, and my last overseas tour was
combined in N. Africa, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.
I was not prepared to serve another "Hardship" tour.
My wife would have divorced me, and I wasn't ready
for that.

Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.
Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the levies.
Move the Florida Aligators to the moat.
Illeagle Aliens from Mexico - problem solved.
New Orleans flood problem solved.
Florida's alligator overpopulation solved.

Azie