Re: O D

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 17:26:17 EST

--- "Azie L. Magnusson" <maggie11@mchsi.com> wrote:

> My personal goal now is to live long enough to make
> him pay me more money for being retired then he did
> while I was on active duty. Near as I can figure,
> when
> I hit age 62, thats the break even point. Now,
> seeing
> as how I just turned 25 with 21 years experience, I
> just got another 16 years to go.
>

> Now Ray!! Look @ what you wrote::
>
> served in the Military from '79 - '99..
>
> Just turned 25 with 21 years experience..
>
> Just doesn't add up or tell me what I'm missing..

Uhhhhh.... You gotta be able to do math! ROFL! I AM
getting older, I just refuse to acknowledge it. So
instead of having birthdays, I just continue to gain
experience after the age of 25.

So my stock answer to folks that ask me how old I am
is to give my age as 25 plus however many years
experience to equal my chronological age.

Just my little way of rebelling against getting older.
I refuse to get any older then 25.

And thank you for your service. I went in to the USAF
to be a cop in 79 and found out really quick they
wanted me to guard holes in the ground covered by a
really thick concrete slab. Kinda hard to take for 5
years in North Dakota. So when I had the chance, I
retrained to be a jet engine mechanic and did that for
the next 15 years. Made it as far as E-6 and knew I
wasn't gonna make E-7 (note to self: don't piss off
any more Chiefs) so at the end of my 20 I had to
retire. Over the years, I spent 5 at Grand Forks, ND,
nearly 10 years at Dover, DE, 2 years at Lajes Field
in the Azores Islands, and 3 years at Barksdale in
Shreveport, LA. Went in at age 17, retired at age 37.

Oops, I mean 25 with 12 years experience!

Ray