Re: An Interesting Letter

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 08:44:15 EST

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:37 AM, Dustin Williams
<dustinewilliams@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just got an interesting letter from a local Dodge dealer. They say
> that my 1994 Dakota is in high demand and they want to buy it from me,
> they'll even give me 110% of Blue Book (reading the fine print points
> out that it's 110% of the lowest possible Blue Book value).

It's generic junk mail. Do not pass Go, do not collect new car payments.

We get one of those every 2 months from the Hyundai dealership where
my wife got her Elantra. We got rid of the car 10 months ago.

They usually pair it with "get into the current model year for the
same monthly payments." We took a look at it once - sure, they could
put us in the same monthly payments, but she'd lose the CD player,
sunroof, and a few other features.