Re: RE: turn signal problem non Dak

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 01:04:13 EST

  Phil Jenkins
> Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:41 PM
> To: DML
> Subject: DML: turn signal problem non Dak
>

> I have a problem with the family hauler. 01 Pontiac Montana. The turn signal
> flasher won't light up, I have 2v to 6.5v at the lamp socket and a good bulb
> in there but it won't light up. I switched the lamp holder with the side
> that works and it still won't flash, with the signal or the hazard flashers.
> I can't figure out how I could have juice at the socket but no flash. Any
> thoughts? Thanks.

2 - 6.5 volts at the lamp socket? Thats not proper voltage for the
system. There should be 12.5 +/- a few tenths or so. I bet you are
geting some light outta the bulb if you get a few volts there but its
going to be super dim.

The Montana should have seperate turn signals for the rear (amber) - on
the side you are having trouble with, turn the hazard 4 way flashers on
- - do both front and rear on that side NOT flash? Or does, for
example, the front flash but not the rear?

If you have three of the 4 flashing with the hazard lamps on, you have
an issue with just that one corner. Bad wire to that corner, etc...
ground shouldnt cause the lower voltage however. If you use a
multimeter - or even a plain old voltage tester - you should still have
12 volts (grounded to the chassis)

Since the flasher units will effect all 4 lamps if it does fail, I would
say its not that. You said you swapped out the circuit board? I would
say that rules it out. I'm leaning twards corroded wire/bad contact in
the power wire.

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine