Re: Hazy headlights...

From: WiLieR (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 22:03:47 EST

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Steve Preston wrote:
>
> > Hey! The headlights on our Jeep GC are getting really
> > crappy looking. They're not yellowed,but they are hazy
> > with fine scratches. I have been doing some research
> > online to see what I could find out about hazy
> > headlights,and apparently there are "repair kits"
> > available. These consist of some kind of polish and
> > sanding "agents" (not government officials,but
> > materials used in the sanding process.) My questions
> > are extensive,but I only need two answered:
> >
> > 1.) Do these kits restore headlights back to excellent
> > shape?
> > 2.) Does anyone have experience with a certain type or
> > brand?
> >
> > Thanks!

I tried everything on our 99 WJ and finally gave up. Not even using
plain sand paper phased the yellow crud that was supposed to be a
clear headlight. I finally gave up and ordered a new pair of
headlights from DoctorAutoParts on eBay. They have the best prices
and their feedback convinced me to buy from them. The headlights are
the same brand the parts stores carry for many times over what I paid
for a pair of headlights, and that would have been just one headlight.
 Shipping was very quick and the rates were correct. If you buy new
headlights I highly recommend DoctorAutoParts.

Their ebya store:
http://stores.ebay.com/DoctorAutoParts

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this eBay seller. I
merely had an excellent experience with them and found their
prices/service to be excellent.

WiLieR