Re: Respect Dodges Truck Frames...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 19:06:50 EST

josh@stolarz.org wrote:

> http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/pickup/

   Wow, that's different! :-) I'm actually wondering if it was a
*weakness* in the frame that may have saved the guy though. Unless
he's carring a whole bunch of stuff in his bed, the center of gravity
on that truck is definitely forward of the concrete rail its resting
on. I can't tell for sure, but it *looks* like its got a Cummins
badge, in which case, the center of gravity is WAYYYY in front of the
split.

   I'm wondering if the frame may have had some sort of weakness, rust
(its a 1993 or older after all) or a prior repair, which caused the
frame to bend, but it wasn't quite weak enough for it to actually
separate. If the frame hadn't bent, I should think that whole truck
would have just teeter-tottered right over the side...

   I also wonder if he was hauling a trailer. Seems like he would
have had to have something a lot heavier than the rear end of that
truck back there to not go over the edge in the first place, and to
hold the back end down while the frame bent like that.

--
                                          -Jon-