Re: Respect Dodges Truck Frames...

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 21:13:11 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> josh@stolarz.org wrote:
>

>>http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/pickup/

Crime'n Italy!!! Thats a new one for me...

> Wow, that's different! :-) I'm actually wondering if it was a
> *weakness* in the frame that may have saved the guy though.

Perhaps I should think twice about repairing those rotten portions of
Christines frame hehe

> Unless
> he's carring a whole bunch of stuff in his bed, the center of gravity
> on that truck is definitely forward of the concrete rail its resting
> on. I can't tell for sure, but it *looks* like its got a Cummins
> badge, in which case, the center of gravity is WAYYYY in front of the
> split.

Yeah its a Cummins, Jon - I noticed the engine badge too... and thought
the same thing - thats a huge hunk of iron in the nose of that truck.

> I'm wondering if the frame may have had some sort of weakness, rust
> (its a 1993 or older after all) or a prior repair, which caused the
> frame to bend, but it wasn't quite weak enough for it to actually
> separate. If the frame hadn't bent, I should think that whole truck
> would have just teeter-tottered right over the side...
>
> I also wonder if he was hauling a trailer. Seems like he would
> have had to have something a lot heavier than the rear end of that
> truck back there to not go over the edge in the first place, and to
> hold the back end down while the frame bent like that.

I'm going to say that he most certainly has a heavy load in the rear of
the truck or a heavy trailer. I'm leaning to a trailor... if you look
at the photos - the rear of the truck is slanted down... giving me the
impression of a heavy load on the far rear... Its a 4x4 as well - so
thats even more weight on the nose...

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine