Re: RE: Off topic ?

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 21:40:43 EST

prodog@swbell.net wrote:
> Those would be vortec heads...
>
> Later,
> Tom "Slick"

That may be a vortec, but what year/make was the truck? Because the last
1/2 ton Chevy to roll with an actual 350CI 5.7L V8 was about 2000. The
3/4 and 1 ton trucks still used them a little longer. (the last of the
old C/K series pickups - before their offical name plate was Silverado)

It amazes me at how ofton someone will say a "350" when referring to the
engine in their truck - which doesn't have that engine. The "they are
all the same" attitude with GM product owners in general is very irritating.

Customer: "I need intake manifold set for a chevy lumina with a 3.1L"

Me: "there are two gasket sets avalible, with or without pushrod guides
on the gaskets"

Customer: "give me any one they are all the same"

Me: "ok, (dumbfhawk)"

Then they come back a day later pissed they got the wrong parts.

I hate people...

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine