I hate rear ends....

From: Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 21:14:15 EST

Ok today figured I'd install my Detroit True Traxx. Planned to just move the ring and speed sensor gears over and slap it right in.

Everything was going rather well, until I started to remove the ring gear.

FSM made no mention of left hand thread bolts. Used rattle gun to remove bolts and sure enough 7 of 10 came right out.

Well not exactly right out....more like snapped off. Of course I didn't notice that they had snapped.

The remaining 3 stripped out.

So manage to remove the ring and speed gear, go get new ring and pinion.

After a long while manage to get the speed ring in place, and start torqueing the ring bolts but they decided to strip out......

Long story short, truck still @ shop, have to get me new bolts in the am and try again..........

Anyone with helpful hints please reply to conv44@earthink.net since I'm on digest here.

Jim
03 Dak missing 2 cylinders and currently NO WHEEL DRIVE ;-((((((