Vortec

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 11:24:46 EST

Tom/"Slick/"north" writes: >> Those would be vortec heads...<<

OK!! So did that design carryover to all the small blocks??
If yes, what time frame?? Same time or some later date??

Terrible Tom writes: >>That may be a vortec, but what
year/make was the truck? Because the last 1/2 ton Chevy to
roll with an actual 350CI 5.7L V8 was about 2000. The
3/4 and 1 ton trucks still used them a little longer. (the last of
the old C/K series pickups - before their offical name plate
was Silverado) <<

Probably mid 90's.. I really am not sure. I'm not a GM
guy, and I have no interest in keeping up with them.. It
was just a curiousity ?.. What is the current CU IN eng
that is standard in the Chevy and GMC of today and is
it a derrivitave of the old 265/283, or has GM finally
done a new design engine??

Do the thing that you believe in.
Do the best you can in the place where you are.

Azie