Re: OT: Need some motorcycle opinons

From: cfaison@magpage.com
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 23:05:49 EST

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 21:34:13 -0600
 Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Thoughts? Comments? Can I get him down lower? Whats a
> fair price for a new surplus motorcycle like that?

Tom,

Almost ten years ago (where does the time go?!) I bought a
2 year old new 1997 Honda VFR750. I'd heard that there were
a few "out there" that had been sitting in a warehouse
someplace. One dealer had one on the floor and a couple of
others had no idea about it. After asking them, each of the
others "made some calls" and were also able to get the same
bike. With three dealers involved, it was pretty simple to
get the best price.

Not sure if this is a similar situation, but it might pay
to call another dealer and see if they can get their hands
on the same bike. More likely, it's just one that the
dealer has had sitting on the floor for a while.

FWIW, the used motorcycle market is flat right now - at
least in my area (MD). Lots of good stuff going cheap.
Bargain hard on that bike...

Good luck,
Craig
http://www.nni.com/