OT: Need some motorcycle opinons

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 22:34:13 EST

I came across a motorcycle of interest yesterday in one of those
autotrader mags...

Its a 2006 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe, 583cc, silver (suprise suprise heh)
- brand new never been titled...

Normal retail is approx $5700 - they are asking $5399 - They are
offering 0 percent financing on all 07 and older new motorcycles.

I mentioned that I was looking for that bike, because anything bigger
would not be a good idea for me because I'm a little guy... and that I
was considering new vs used.

He never missed a beat and offered $4999 cash price, which leads me to
think hes eager to sell it. Its money sitting in his showroom collecting
dust. I'm wondering what kind of barganing power I have here. If they
will finance $4999 I'm inclined to sign on the line right there. I
can't come up with cash.

Thoughts? Comments? Can I get him down lower? Whats a fair price for a
  new surplus motorcycle like that?

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine