Re: OT: Bikes

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 01:08:22 EDT

> Well, I worked for several dealers, even had my own shop, but never used
> yamabond on any harley, didn't have to, the cases matched, but what
> difference does that make? I will take a Hog over a Brit pig anytime.
> Yawn, this is so easy...Triumphs...what a yuck.

I guess perhaps just be difficult I'll throw a little gas on the fire.
My brother had a Kawasaki, I think it was a 750 Custom, for quite a
few years until he and his buddy (on a Suzuki) totaled their bikes
(one hit gravel then they both lost it, bad enough they had to go to
the ER and I think his friend was hospitalized over night). He then
replaced the Kawasaki with a Harley. After a few years with the Hog he
got tired of the maintance costs and being a veteran (82nd Airborne
Intel in Panama) and the founder of a veterans motorcycle club in
Oregon, he wanted to stay with an American bike. He did some research
and discovered that his Harley, while assembled in the US had a
majority of it's components from such places as Germany, Japan, and
Mexico so he bought a Victory, also assembled in the US but of closer
to 90% American components. I've seen his and his girlfriends
Victories....very nice.