Re: OT: Bikes

From: cfaison@magpage.com
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 10:06:48 EDT

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:25:27 -0500
 "Rick Barnes" <rascal@scrtc.com> wrote:
> And as far as "heavy"..oh well, if you are not enough of
> a man to ride a real motorcycle, we understand Tom
> Byrne. Go ride that cute little Triumph.

Harley clearly has come a long way since the AMF days. All
of that high-maintenance, oil leaking stuff is in the
distant past for Factory Harley Davidsons. Thing is, with
the chopper fad that has taken over, we're seeing lots of
reliablity issues that are unfairly being directed towards
"Harleys."

Personally, I don't have any problem at all with Harley
Davidsons. They're not my choice, but that's OK. My problem
comes from the attitude displayed above - suggesting that
if one doesn't ride a Harley they're not a "real man."
Sounds like something you'd say in junior high. Even the
"buy a new bike and matching biker costume" set doesn't
bother me, as long as they're enjoying themselves and don't
posess the above attitude. Unfortunately, many of them do.

Craig
http://www.nni.com/