1991 Headlamp Switch and Wiring Harness Woes HELP!!!

From: clmartin@ppcusd8.org
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 15:51:14 EDT

HI, DMListers,

On the off chance, does anyone have the female side connector/pigtail with wires of the
headlamp dash switch for the Gen. II [1991-1996] Dakota??? Ah, I know at this point that
is almost purely a wrecking yard item - but those trucks are getting rather thin up
around here in Illinois. And, yes I know the same basic switch and harness design was
used on Gen. IIIs, too. In fact, gobs of non-Dak Chrysler/Mopar autos/minivans used that
same switch and wire color code, I believe. Standard of Faifield, IL lists those
HL pigtails in the catalogs, but no one has them, can, or will get them - - factory is
nearby but they won't sell consumer direct. Factory service rep. cited a parts
distributor w/ retail parts store in the Chicagoland area, but no dice there. Damned
computer driven inventories, slow moving items get "swept under the rug!" Any help would
be appreciated.

-Christopher L. Martin...
Deeply rural Springfield, IL

1991 Dodge Dakota CabPlus LE 3.9L Man 194,311 miles
1998 Dodge Dakota CabPlus SLT 3.9L Auto