RE: 2004 Dak clutch fan question

From: Cord (cordcord@ispmonsters.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 01:52:07 EDT

><SNIP><

My Dakota's fan is "energized" all the time the 3.7 is running. When it
isn't running (key off), the fan turns by hand with a little friction,
like I think it is supposed to. It has 52k. I suspect the 7/70 warranty
doesn't cover it. What should I check?
Thanks Dakotans!

Cord Carrick
Waldport OR
I'm going to assume you mean your electric fan. Do you have your AC or
defrost on when you are checking it?? The fan will run all the time when
either the A/C or defrost positions are selected on your hvac controls.

brian cropp

No, the clutch fan on the engine. Is it strictly mechanically temperature controlled? If so, I guess I am probably looking at replacement.
Cord Carrick