Re: Fuel Mix Computer

From: Jamie Calder (JCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 21:08:15 EDT

Ray,
It's a '93 318, 30 over, Comp Cam 604 specs:
http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Search/CamDetails.asp?PartNumber=20-604-8
4bbl M1, ported throttle body, FMS 19# injectors, ported heads, MP PCM,
1.7:1 RR's...
Isn't it that cam that causes it to run rich at idle? It use to have a
couple hi flow cats but they got ruined within 1000 miles.
I'd like to have it run with the proper air/fuel mix. My brother in NJ will
be buying it from me and it will need to have cats installed. Sounds like a
piggyback fuel controller is the answer but I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks for any help,
James