Re: Upshift light in 5th

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 12:10:40 EDT

"Andy Levy" <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still puzzled that your '03 has an upshift light and mine didn't.

   I stumbled across a post you made in the archives back when you
first got your '03 to ask why the upshift indicator wasn't working.
:-) Although no consensus appears to have been reached based on that
thread, a possible theory of sorts emerged as to the possibility that
the V6 trucks seemed to have operational upshift indicator lights,
while the 4.7 trucks did not.

   The '03 FSM doesn't seem to mention anything about the upshift
indicator being disabled for particular combinations, but as I recall,
James's '03 is a V6, if so, there's another data point for that
theory.

--
                                          -Jon-