Re: The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2008 - 21:08:00 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

>> Some of you might remember the SETI@Home team "Team DML" that former
>> DML'er Will Morrison started back in the day. SETI@Home is a
>> distributed computing project that analyzes radio signals looking for
>> patterns which might lead to discovery of intelligence outside the
>> solar system. I took over Team DML few years ago from Will.
>>
>> Team DML's participation dropped off over time. There were over 30
>> members when I took over... but less but than 5 were active. We are
>> down to about two active members now. So in an attempt to generate
>> more membership and activity - I renamed the team to...
>>
>> "The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team".
>>
>> I did not see a Mopar related crunch team, so I figured why not.
>>
>> A few years ago SETI moved to a new distribution client called BOINC.
>> When they switched, everyone started with a clean credit slate.
>> Anyone who was a member of Team DML, who had a ZERO credit
>> contribution since the switch, was removed from the team. Your
>> account and "Classic" credit is still valid, however you will have to
>> rejoin the new team if you wish to participate.
>>
>> The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team site can be reached at:
>>
>> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=31402
>>
>> I'm encouraging all Mopar people to join up! If other clubs are
>> interested, I'll place their logo and web site address on the team's
>> main page. All I ask is a link back to the team page.
>>
>> I have also taken the new team Cross Project, this means you can be
>> part of The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team, and crunch data on things
>> other than SETI.
>>
>> The new BOINC platform has allowed other research projects to be
>> created to take advantage of distributed computing. There are
>> projects out there running data analysis on many things including:
>> disease research, physics, and mathematics.
>>
>> A complete list of projects can be found at:
>>
>> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php
>>
>> The new software allows you to set the guidelines for which the BOINC
>> client uses your computer processing power. You do not need to run
>> your computers 24/7 to participate. You can also set the amount of
>> processor power that BOINC can use. Anywhere from 10%-100% CPU clock
>> time. So basically it can be run in the background and not have an
>> adverse effect on your system performance.
>>
>> I hope to see you on the team!
>>
>> Tom Stack
>>

> HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I didn't even remember posting that!!
>
> Hysterical thing is - that according to that post, I "accidentally" put
> the bulb in... and I just this week said I put it in just for the hell
> of it...
>
> I'm sure no one will be shocked if I say I honestly don't recall which
> of the two is correct. I want to say I did accidentally put it in, but
> now I am not sure!

wow.... somehow I managed to reply to the wrong post...

guess I should lay off the marshmellow peeps

The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj
An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine