Re: OT: Bikes

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2008 - 11:27:39 EDT

cfaison@magpage.com wrote:

>One of my current motorcycles is Spanish and I've owned a
>number of other European motorcycles. I'm sure you hate
>those too, even though they're not technically "rice
>burners." Could you let me know what the proper derogatory
>term is for those, just so I can keep up?
>
>Craig

Ok, forgetting all of the drama associated with this thread and focusing
on the funny part of this:

Japanese bikes = rice burners [don't I wish with the price of gas now]
German bikes = Sauerkraut burners [that doesn't even sound right]
Italian bikes = Pasta burners
Spanish bikes = ?? Since rice is also a staple in many Spanish foods
they could be rice burners but with the caveat that their exhaust smells
like farts. Or the obvious choice is a bean burner, but that sounds as
bad as the Sauerkraut burner. Maybe a salsa burner if your Spanish bike
is really fast?
And finally:
American Bikes = Wallet burners [since most of the rest of the world
thinks we only care about our wallets]

Dak content: ANY of these bikes will fit in my truck, some even with
the tailgate up! Has anyone mounted a Pingel in their bed? I want to
but I was having heartburn over what to bolt it to.